Tuesday, December 4, 2007

!st day back at work

It was my first day back at work yesterday after one month plus. It felt really comfortable when i went back. I guess it was because i don't have to rack my brains over what to do, like how i did for my exams :S
I went to SMU to meet up with elvin, to catch up. He was saying the day before that he spent a lot of effort preparing french onion soup. And this is how it looks like.
He told everyone that it was disastrous and you could tell how upset he was in the picture, haha :p He followed the recipe book and poured in the same amount of vinegar as stated on the book. It was too much, as the whole pot became very sour, so he tried to salvage it by putting the drained onions in between 2 pieces of bread. It was ok la, but it was sour. very sour.
I don't think you could tell what is this by looking at this picture right. This is....... Cookies and Cream :o hot version. I saw this drink being offered at this place in SMU and i thought it would be rich and creamy. But it was just milk tea with a few teeny pieces of soggy cookies which doesn't have any taste unless u they were in a huge clump. But i saw a lot of customers over there, guessed i just bought the wrong drink :/
It was really interesting, sitting in elvin's meeting with his friends for the gourmet club. They were planning the events for next year. I said i wanted to go off when his friends arrive at 530pm. In the end i stayed till around 9 :p
I think i was like "god" last night la. I only ate a plate of vegetables in the morning before work and i ate lunch at around 3, then i survived with that until i finish running at 11 plus pm, then i grabbed some stuff to eat.
... I had the same feeling as the writer. My eyes just got a bit teary when i saw this caption in the straits times on the monday paper. I think i've told myself so many times before that i wanna be a better son and a beter brother to my siblings. But, i don't think i've accomplished this. I did improve a bit from last time... but... I guessed i was a bit more emotional because i've also told myself before, that i want to hug my mom before anything happens (choi!!!! touchwood touchwood!). But i don't dare or i can't bring myself to do it, because i haven't hug her since primary school. Not used to it... Maybe next year....? :/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...