Monday, April 6, 2009

rem to listen

"These days, bolder is better." ... :p

One of my illusions was shattered yesterday when i brought es, mj, zl, jo to this place at roxy square. I kept raving about the fried rice it serves, right until the moment we had a taste of it. Then i still tried to support what i said beforehand, but even i wasn't convinced by what came out of my mouth... :p jo even said that she could cook a better dish of fried rice even though she seldom cooks :s ... I thank es, mj, zl, jo for being so truthful to me....... :p

But luckily, we walked past this prawn noodles shop which jr, mj and me talked about a long time ago. And so.. we entered :o



I want to thank kim, my previous 2 star kayak course instructor for going out onto the river to get us back when the rainstorm was approaching. The lightning was super scary la.... but it was damn exhilarating :p We could see a few striking some of the tall buildings around us... If anyone wants to get a 1 star or 2 star kayaking certificate, you could get his number from me and you could arrange a date with him to attend the course. But there must be a minimum number of people before the course could be held.. maybe around 8. His courses would be held at Kallang, at the Singapore Canoe Federation (i think this name might be wrong..), along the Singapore River.


“朋友有保护朋友的责任,却也要为自己说出口的话负责任。“ - quoted from "my paper".
Yeap.. I think we must take responsibility for what we say, for it might influence the thinking of anybody...
For every action, there is definitely a consequence. Sometimes it may not be very obvious, but we must remember that it is there.

As we absorb more knowledge, we think that there is lesser space for more.. And most of us will not hold the same attitude for learning as before.. Actually, there is no limit and end. I think, we don't actually hold all the knowledge in our brains.. Maybe our brains are just partitions of a bigger harddisk.. and they have limited capacities. Some information will be kept in our brains indefinitely, while some will just flow out. Out of those that are kept in our brains, some can be easily accessed, while some can be hidden in sub-sub-sub folders. Anyway, I just want to say that, we can keep on learning. New information allows us to experience more, and also allows us more choices of which knowledge to store. This enables us to be more sure of ourselves, and to be more comfortable with ourselves.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...