Thursday, August 7, 2014

Short term = Short-changed?

“开心就好” seems to be an overrated phrase nowadays, judging from how some people use it.

Examples:
- To allow oneself in indulging in short term pleasures and in turn, stop oneself from finishing one's work
- To allow oneself to rest and stop oneself from going for training as one is lazy and tired
- To break up with a partner as one feels tired and doesn't want to put in effort to work out the differences
- To totally ignore the advice from loved ones, as it seems difficult to reflect on one's actions

It just seems to me that some times, people just wants to be happy in the short term.

There is nothing wrong with it.

I guess I am affected as I would prefer myself to grow, to break out of my comfort zone, and sometimes I impose my beliefs on others.

There is nothing wrong with people wanting short term happiness all the time until they leave the world. It doesn't mean that they will be less happier than others. It also doesn't mean they cannot get what they want, out of their lives.

I will be disciplined and grow. I will not depend on others to influence me and remind me to achieve my long term happiness.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am ready the most when I was with you, but I guess I am not ready enough..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...