Sunday, June 22, 2014

Attention outlet

In a bid to get some attention and maybe to vent what I have to say, here I am again.. haha..

I just had this sudden realization that I have always been trying to clamp down on my attention needs. Maybe deep in my subconsciousness, I think it is wrong to ask or get attention freely from others. But, for a period after trying to prevent myself from asking for attention directly or indirectly, I will always feel that my mental state will get stuck in a lethargic state. It can be compared to being in the water where your movements are not as free.... I guess this is not a good thing?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/jun/21/attention-factor-oliver-burkeman-this-column-change-your-life

After reading through the article, I agreed with the words in it. Especially this, "There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde.

I have always have this principle in my head. A person is worse off if you choose to ignore and feel unaffected by his words and actions. So, I have the same idea as Oscar Wilde.. :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently again, I think I had a misunderstanding with my friend. On hindsight, I was angry at the point that although no one had any bad intentions, bad feelings had to arise.

Why?? Why??

... :/

In general situations like this, have I ever initiated the rise of bad feelings? I wouldn't want to. But maybe I was a direct or indirect cause :s

What are the possible reasons?
- Personal agendas?
- Hurting of 'soft spots'?
- Insult?
- Verbal or mental abuse?

I will take note of these next time ba...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss sharing all these thoughts that I have.. Feels so comfortable that I have just vented them out.. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...