Wednesday, June 15, 2011

stable/boring


Recently, the idea of inspiring children to do better in their studies came back to me as I gave Math tuition to my students. The content just didn't seem as important as the attitude towards the subject... Coming to think of it, I would prefer to be able to inspire my kids with the proper attitude towards studying, so that they will want to do better, on their own.

.
.
.

I just signed up for 2 credit cards yesterday from citibank. And these weren't the cards that I wanted to sign up with :s My friend had done some research and found out that Citibank Dividend card is the best, compared to the other citibank cards. As I was within the area of a citibank branch, I went in, with the idea of signing up for that card. In the end, I applied for the SMRT and rewards cards, after some persuasion from the promoter. I also went to sign up for the dividend card just now, with the idea in mind that, I can terminate the other cards after some more research.


... After I did some research on my own yesterday and just now, I decide to keep the smrt and rewards card too. I know that I will be confused by the number of cards, but i think each card really has its benefits.

Anyway, I also decide to sign up for the posb everyday card. :s

POSB everyday card:
Rebates (from where I may shop/spend): Cash rebates can be redeemed from Watsons (3%), SP Services (1%), Starhub bills or purchases made at Starhub (1%), ez-reload (2%), Carrefour (5% but capped at $400 per month).
Citibank Dividend Card:

A cash cheque should/will be sent to you every quarter. There's 2% cash back for dining, excluding food and dining spent within hotels, and wedding banquets held in hotels. 2% for groceries, pharmaceuticals and 0.5% for everything else. Actually there's 5% for petrol but I do not drive :/

Citibank SMRT card:
For this card, the rebates come in the form of SMRT$. It's 5% for groceries if the monthly statement exceeds $600, if not, it's 4.7%. This is the same for coffee.. not at kopitiams :o okay, nothing else on the list for me. Maybe i will keep this card because the rebates can be used to claim for $10 vouchers (10 SMRT$ for 1 $10 voucher). The vouchers that I will most likely get, are the cold storage vouchers, POPULAR bookshop vouchers, sheng siong vouchers, or citibank SMRT vouchers which can be used to top up the card's ez-link card function, or watson's vouchers :o


Citibank Rewards Card:
The only reason why I'm keeping this card, is for shopping purposes.

"Under this Promotion, Cardmembers are entitled to earn X10 Citi Dollars (every S$ 1 charged = 10 Citi Dollars) when they make transactions with their Citi Rewards Visa Signature / WORLD MasterCard card at any department store worldwide or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes and bag as its main business activity."
Let's say that you spend $100 on shopping, you will get 1000 Citi Dollars. 5000 or 6000 Citi dollars can actually be exchanged for $20 voucher at isetan, robinsons, OG or paragon... It is like a 4% rebate. But, hmmm... After writing this out, I think there isn't a point for me to keep this card, because I don't shop much at these places!!


I am going to keep/get these three credit cards, POSB everyday card, Citibank Dividend Card and the Citibank SMRT card (-spend at least $600 for citibank SMRT to reap maximum rebates).

Summary of the cards to use for different places..
- Carrefour [POSB everyday card]
- Watsons [POSB everyday card]
- SP services (need to enrol for recurring payment) [POSB everyday card]
- ez-reload [POSB everyday card]
- starhub bills [POSB everyday card]

- Giant, Cold Storage, Market Place, Sheng Siong, Selected NTUC outlets, Singapore MEIDI-YA Supermarket [Citibank SMRT card]
- Starbucks Coffee, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Coffee Club, Dome Café, the connoisseur concerto (tcc), Gloria Jean's Coffees [Citibank SMRT card]

- dining [Citibank Dividend Card]
- everything else [Citibank Dividend Card]

.
.
.

okay, enough of this credit card nonsense :s here are some photo updates of the places and food that i went/ate..

Thought I looked good in the photo below.. :p


At the ayam penyet shop at the basement of Jurong point..






At Trattoria at 313..



At Izakaya Nijumaru at Cuppage Plaza..




I don't really know how to take photos of this curry cause it just seems the same from all angles :s

On hindsight, I think I need to learn new/better skills of food photography..

.
.
.

Will my life get more exciting when I enter NIE in July? ... :8

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...